Thursday, April 20, 2017

DO IT NOW!

Time never stops. April is more than half over and before you know it summer will be here.

I am mindful of the fact that every day in spring brings different weather conditions. One day the temperature is near eighty degrees and the next it's fifty. Today, it's raining and tomorrow, it's sunny, but the wind is really ripping.

This brings me to my next point. Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today.

I have a passion for cycling. I always have. I'd much rather ride my bicycle outside, enjoying the rolling farmland around Mid Ohio-- it is much more exciting than riding on a trainer in my den. If given the choice a country road or a paved bike path wins every time. 

If you always find yourself waiting for perfect conditions before riding your bicycle, you will not ride much. My motto is ride when you can. I do skip outdoor riding when it is below fifty degrees or raining outside. But, at those times, I am on the trainer for at least twenty minutes or so before getting ready for work.

Life is too short to put off things you should do today. Just DO IT.

Procrastination is habit forming. Remember the immortal words of W. Clement Stone:

The best way to get something done is to DO IT NOW.