Saturday, July 15, 2017

Serendipity

I was pleasantly surprised to see that I am going to be getting book royalties from seven different countries this month (June sales). I get a breakdown of sales from Amazon where I enjoy an exclusive e-book agreement.

Without any special marketing push, June sales really jumped, especially in Japan. That makes me wonder, why? The word serendipity comes to mind. With no marketing push whatsoever, sales in Japan increased by 4925 percent. That's incredible!

I cannot explain this upswing in sales, but I'll take it.

In recent days I have purchased a new video camera and have been studying movie making techniques in order to start producing compelling marketing videos. I have invested in spare batteries for the camcorder and I have movie editing software that I've been using for musical instrument reviews for years; however, I have not been producing any award-winning videos. That is about to change.

I will be applying the techniques I am learning from the book "How to Shoot Video That Doesn't Suck!" by the award-winning director Steve Stockman.

We'll soon see if this plan works. Meanwhile, I'll enjoy my recent increase in book sales and smile all the way to the bank.

I'll be posting marketing videos on YouTube in the near future. As videos become available I will post them on this blog, too.

Stay tuned...