Thursday, January 4, 2018

Cold Medicines Are Unhealthy

If you have a cold and you want to restore your health, most cold medicines are really bad for you.

I was in Kroger (a local grocery store) looking through the assortment of cold medicines they had on the shelf and I noticed that every one of them contained acetaminophen.

Years ago I took an extra-strength medicine that is one of the most popular brands on the planet whenever I had a cold or frequent sinus pain. It was discovered during a stay in the hospital that I had "minor lesions" on my liver as a result of using that medication for all of those years.

My doctor told me to use Coricidin because it does not contain acetaminophen and is also safe for patients on blood pressure medicine. 

ALL MAJOR BRANDS contain this liver-damaging ingredient. ALL HOUSE BRANDS and generics that get branded for different store chains also have it. This is the same for cold, flu, and sinus medicines in pill and liquid form. The higher the dose, the more damaging it is. You are slowly destroying your liver if you are constantly taking sinus meds like I was for all of those years. I stopped taking them in 2010 when the lesions were discovered and haven't taken them since.

I went to Walgreen and found Coricidin there. By the way, the formula I am taking is the one with red gel capsules. It is not the liquid or the smaller pills, they have acetaminophen, too.

You have to be informed. Big-Pharma as it is often called these days, really only cares about making money. Your health is not important to them. This is the same mindset that was responsible for replacing really cane or beet sugar with high-fructose corn syrup in just about everything on the planet. That chemical sugar makes me sick and when I found out why I started looking for alternatives. They are hard to find and cost more, but, they do exist.

DON'T TAKE ACETAMINOPHEN. Keep your liver in good health. You'll be glad you did.