Sunday, April 10, 2016

Aim High

"The higher you set your goals, the greater will be your achievements."

W. Clement Stone was a great teacher. He was a self-made millionaire and shared his insights on motivation and positive thinking with the world. He made speaking tours with his co-author, Napoleon Hill, and mentored countless people, including Earl Nightingale.

I am a firm believer in aiming high...

When I first entered the fly fishing business I told people that I wanted to be the best fly tyer living in the world today. To lots of people I was egotistical for even saying such a thing. Why is that? Did they expect me to settle for mediocrity?

If you truly want to be all that you can be-- achieve all that you are capable of achieving-- set your goals high.

If you shoot for number one, you might not make it; but, I will guarantee you that you'll go a lot farther than just being a "good" ____________ (fill in the blank).

It is vital to create goals for yourself. You need to have long-term goals and short-term goals that serve as stepping stones along the way. I cannot emphasize this enough.

If you don't set goals for yourself you will never reach your full potential. It's as simple as that.

So, what would you like to accomplish today?