Saturday, March 12, 2016

Happy People Are the Best

Happy people are the best. They are much more enjoyable company. When I meet happy people, I find myself being drawn to them.

My wife and I went to an event in the nearby town of Grove City, Ohio. They called it Heritage Days (June 6th and 7th) at Fryer Park. I saw it listed on a web-based weather site. Being a short distance from the park, and seeing that it was free admission and free parking, we went.

I met a guy in the blacksmith shop who was one of the Parks & Recreation folks who puts together these sorts of events. It turns out, he was born and raised in Mid Ohio and, although he is younger than me, we both know several people with whom we have worked in the past. We had a pleasant conversation.

It’s great when I meet people who love what they are doing.

We also met a lovely “school teacher” in the one-room school house at the park. She was a librarian at the Grove City Public Library. She was a beautiful lady with a great smile and enthusiastic about life. It was a pleasure speaking with her, too.

After the “festival” we went to a Kroger grocery store to pick up a few things and a young lady bagging our groceries asked just how I won the heart of this “lovely lady” and nodded her head toward my wife.

This young lady was adorable, cute as can be, full of personality, and enthusiastic. I told her that I wrote the book “The Art and Craft of Romance, A Gentleman’s Guide to Romancing A Lady” and we had a pleasant conversation. If I were a young man, I could easily fall in love with a girl like that. My wife is very much like that, in fact.

Meeting so many upbeat and happy people in one day is rare. The usual folks that I meet are cynical and pessimistic. They are depressed and have no zest for life. I wish every day were like yesterday.

Yes, indeed, happy people are truly the best. The world needs more of them.